Are you ready to join a fast paced, dynamic and growing Cyber Security Firm? If you are, keep reading!
As a Digital Forensic Engineer, you will play a key role in assisting the Company efforts to support a team that provides complex digital forensic and information security support to Arete’s clients. Your position reports to the Director of Digital Forensics for overall performance and management. In this capacity, you will facilitate industry roadmaps, standards, and policies to ensure they address evolving infrastructure security threats and develop projects that provide solutions to address structural security deficits. You will leverage a solid foundation of technical experience and possess strong computer forensics, data analytics, technical security, engineering, and investigation skills to support diverse and complex projects.
- Perform host and/or network-based forensics across Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Perform basic malware analysis.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings to customers.
- The ability to follow industry standard methods of properly identifying, collecting, preserving and analyzing digital evidence with an emphasis on network, email, and host-based forensic artifacts.
- Identify and collect attacker tools, tactics, and procedures to help formulate indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations.
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance incident investigation processes.
- Capable of completing technical tasks without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand technical and soft skills.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Support a mentorship culture by encouraging and providing knowledge sharing, counseling, and training to internal teams.
- Clearly communicate findings in written reports
- Protect proprietary company and personal information from disclosure
- Respond to tasking and direction as provided by the team leader
- 3+ years of work experience in one or more of the following roles: SOC Analyst, Cyber Threat Hunter, Cyber Crime investigations, Cyber Threat Analysis, Cyber Threat Campaign Tracking.
- Understanding of computer intrusions, malicious code, threat finance, money laundering / fraud / eCrime, and other criminal activity
- Understanding of client enterprise operational security methods and Information Security best practices
- Basic level of understanding and experience with programming or scripting languages (C/C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Good knowledge of different operating systems and the command line
- Knowledge of computer networking
- Collection, analytical and research skills
- Degree in Computer Programing, Computer Science, Information Technology, MCA, BCA, MCS, BE (Comp), Cyber Crime or an equivalent field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience; minimum 10 years of experience if non degreed
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, flexible on location
- Technical expertise in at least three of the following areas: SOC & CERT Operations, Experience in Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis, Forensic imaging including chain of custody experience.
- Understanding of malware or exploitation techniques
- Ability to think critically and properly qualify analytic assessments
- Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet capture, log data, and network devices in support of Threat Hunting
- Ability to multitask while in an extremely fast paced environment while providing SME level Intelligence analysis and managing internal and external customer expectations Eligibility for Top Secret Security Clearance is a plus